OOTD: Hyuna for Halloween
In the regular world, Halloween is when children dress up in costumes and beg for candy. In girl world it’s the one night a year I can dress in dramatic K-pop fashion and take photos! The most enticing thing about K-pop is the stylish fashion that I would never wear on the streets here.
Halloween was more than a month ago, but oh well! Please go easy on me, this is my first time doing an Outfit of the Day post.
I picked Hyuna, simply because I love that girl. She is beautiful, talented, stylish, and a fierce on-stage persona that sharply contrasts her normal sweet and shy self. Though I do think her recent music videos have become sketchier and sketchier that I don’t even want to watch them anymore, her songs are still as catchy as ever. It doesn’t change the fact that she has great talent as singer, rapper, and dancer.
Her fashion concept in the “Melting” album is amazing, so I picked it for my Halloween costume.
My costume consists of (links to items at bottom):
- Red wig. I’ve always wanted red mermaid hair but since I’m stuck with loving my thin and fading reddish hair, how could I pass up the chance to wear this wig? Out of all the wigs I’ve tried, this one is the best and doesn’t tangle easily like those cheap Halloween ones. It’s more permed than the product photo but that worked out great for me! I also gave it a little trim so I could have a front fringe.
- Floral headscarf. I don’t usually put things in my hair, but I love how Hyuna tied this to her cap to make an adorable combination!
- A generic cap. From this I learned that baseball caps come in curved bills and flat bills, and that if you want to see your face, you need a flat bill. Oops.
- Denim shirt from Uniqlo. I don’t own denim tops but I bought this on a sale to try out. Didn’t think I would like it so much!
- Rounded t-shirt from Esprit. I bought my t-shirt from Esprit Hong Kong more than two years ago and that store doesn’t exist in this country anymore sadly, but I did find a similar top if you’re interested in buying from Hong Kong. What I love about this shirt is that the bottom is rounded which gives it the cute edge that isn’t present in the everyday t-shirt.
- Generic denim shorts. Yup.
- Vans Sk8-Hi. These high tops the first pair of sneakers I bought since the beginning of college because all the girls at school only wore heels and boots and I gave into peer pressure. In high school I used to wear Converses but I’m not much of a fan of that brand because of the thin soles. Vans are like thicker Converses that are comfortable and far more adorable! I could not find my two-toned high tops online but I found the same style with a Disney print. So cute!
- Lastly ignore my tights and cami. Those were to help me with the cold. It was about 56°F (13°C) and still freezing!
Shop your heart below: